Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Introducing Furever Friends: Kitty Cat Cards

Hello there!   Today I am excited to share some ideas using the first set I created called Furever Friends.  I love that you can completely change the look of these kitties just by the way you choose to color them!

For my first card I thought I would try one of my favorite color schemes:  Black, grey and pink!  I started by coloring in my images with copic markers and then fussy cut them out.  For those who dislike cutting things out by hand there will also some cool matching dies available.  ;)


I inked up my background using Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick distress inks and then adhered my images and stamped my sentiment with VersaFine Black Onyx ink.  When I had those placed just the way I wanted them I set to work stamping the open hearts from the set (and a tiny one borrowed from the Harvest Happiness set) to frame them.


For my next card I chose to go with another favorite color combo of mine using soft blue and brown together.  I couldn't decide which color to go with for my kitty so I decided to stamp three of them so I wouldn't have to choose.  For the middle kitty I colored a random calico pattern with my Copic Markers and then used my .3 mm Copic Multiliner pen to trace the edges of my pattern.


My background was inked up using Tumbled Glass distress ink and a Tsukineko Jumbo Dauber.  The sentiment was stamped with Hero Arts Cup O' Joe Shadow Ink.

This particular image is extra special to me because I quickly sketched it of my own kitty as he sat hogging my desk space while I worked.  He was laying in this exact pose next to my warm keyboard and I was so giddy I was able to capture his personality on my first attempt.  In moments like these, I swear God was literally guiding my hand as I drew.  ;)


Here's a look at the full Furever Friends stamp set used for both of today's cards (available for purchase on September 8th):


Thanks for hanging with me today.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Too cute and I love
    the sleeping cats on
    their backs!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combos you used, Queen of Cuteness. And the coloring on the "calico" kitty is spot on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm nuts about your kitty cat stamps! I'm cat mom to five kitties, and have lots of cat mom friends, so I can't wait to get these stamps in my paws...er...hands. One of my cats is even named Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PAWSitively PURRfect!!!! Love you, Mendi and think all of this success is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Love the furry kitties. Having dies to go with them is a big plus. Wish you lots of success.

    ReplyDelete