Monday, November 16, 2015

Harvest Happiness Thanksgiving Owl Card by Melissa + Winners

Hello everyone, Melissa here. Today I have a card to share with you using the Harvest Happiness stamp set! I decided to make a fairly simple card today to really make these two cute little owls stand out. 


To make this card I first die cut a circle out of a white square of cardstock. On another piece of square cardstock I marked out where the circle was when I placed it behind the die cut panel. This would be the area that would be peeking through. 

I stamped the owls where I wanted them and masked them off. I then masked off the area of the grass and colored the rest with distress inks - this would be the sky. I did the same again by masking off the sky and applying ink to the grassy hill. I then unpeeled all the masks and colored the owls with Copic Markers. I then stuck the colored panel to the back of the white piece with the die cut circle and adhered both of those to a card base with a piece of patterned paper. 

To finish off the card I made a little banner by die cutting the ends of a strip of card stock with the Fishtail Banners die. I then stamped the sentiment and heat embossed that. I added some green and yellow distress inks to the banner and adhered it to the card. 


That completes the card for today, but before I go we have two winners to announce from our blog hop last week!   Congratulations Nathalie Paquette and Denise WardWe've emailed you.  ;)  Thank you to everyone who stopped by and for all the sweet comments left.    

Be sure to check back this week to see what the other talented design team members created!  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Thank ypu, thank you, I am so happy ;-) Cute owl card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ypu, thank you, I am so happy ;-) Cute owl card .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Melissa! Love the cute owls. And congrats to the winners!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute!! Congrats to the winners.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete