Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Comfy Creatures Monkeys & Rainbows Birthday Card with Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here again! Today I'm sharing a cute birthday card featuring the adorable stamp set Comfy Creatures. This set is full of adorable critters that you can mix and match with different bodies and accessories, and there are plenty of sentiments to make different kinds of cards. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this set. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Comfy Creatures Monkeys & Rainbows Birthday Card by Lindsey Sams.


I used the little monkeys with the beach bodies for this card. I started by getting my background ready. I cut some sunburst paper with a stitched rectangle for the top half of my card. For the bottom part of the card, I used the Wavy Border dies to create the water with two different colors of teal cardstock. 

I also added a rainbow I made using different colors of cardstock and circle dies. I drew and cut out the clouds myself. Next, I stamped and colored the island and monkeys. I used the coordinating dies to cut the island, monkey tails, and flower on the girl monkey's head. I fussy cut the monkeys. The next step was to put together the scene. I used regular adhesive to attach everything but the monkeys and clouds. I popped them up a bit with foam tape. Lastly, I added some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the rainbow, clouds, flower, and the clothes on the monkeys.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comfy Creatures Monkeys & Rainbows Birthday Card by Lindsey Sams.

That's it for me today. Be sure to keep checking back to the blog for more inspiration, and thanks for reading. I hope you'll try your own card using this sweet, fun set!

Supplies Used:

7 comments:

  1. Bright, Sunshine-y, colorful, happy, cute, sweet, adorable - just a few words to describe your card, Lindsey!!! It knocked my socks off and I love the sparkly-ness on it and just how well done EVERY little detail is!! You are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate that so much!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate that so much!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and so colorful. Love it

    KathleenR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lindsey!I love the gorgeous colors and the sweet sentiment. Cute monkeys!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete