Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fun Island Getaway Monkey & Flip Flops Card with Lindsey

Hi Lindsey here today sharing a card using the adorable and fun Island Getaway stamp set. The little monkey in her bikini is just too cute, and of course I had to make it polka dot! Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Island Getaway Home Is Where You Park Your Flip Flops card by Lindsey

I began by stamping out the monkey, palm tree, island, and flip flops. I colored all the images using Copic markers and cut them out using the Island Getaway coordinating dies. I added white polka dots to the bikini and flip flops using a white gel pen. Next, I cut a small stitched rectangle out of some wavy patterned paper. I adhered the island, monkey, and palm tree to the rectangle creating a little island scene. The palm tree and island hung off slightly, creating some visual interest. 

I also cut an A2 size rectangle out of teal cardstock for my card base. I adhered the small rectangle with the island scene onto the center of the card base using foam tape. Then I adhered one flip flop to the right corner of the small rectangle and the other flip flop to the right corner of the card base. I stamped my sentiment in black ink on the bottom of my card base. As a finishing touch, I added some white dots around the corners of the small rectangle and some glitter pen to the bikini and flip flops. I just love how cute the little monkey looks on her own private island! Ha ha!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Island Getaway Home Is Where You Park Your Flip Flops card by Lindsey

That's it for me today! I hope you enjoyed my card. Check back to the blog for more inspiration using the adorable Island Getaway stamp set. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey - What an incredibly adorable and super fun card!! I want to park my flipflops on the beach - that would be awesome!! But I know that I would not look as cute as this monkey in that darling purple polka dotted bikini!! Such a great card with awesome coloring and perfect details!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taunya for your sweet feedback. Hope you're having an awesome week! :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable card!!!! Look at that cute little polka dot bikini! My favorite color too! So cute!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete