Monday, August 15, 2016

Autumn Greetings Slider Card with Eloise

Hello everyone! Eloise here and I'm here to show you my creation for this week. For the recent blog hop I just made a slider card and honestly, I just can't get enough. They're so much fun so I decided to just make a mini slider card today, since I wanted my fox to look like she's sweeping up the leaves. I'm using a mixture of stamp sets on my card today - I'm using the new Woodsy Creatures and Halloween Cuties, along with Harvest Happiness, Summer Picnic and Backyard Bugs. I love mixing in sets together!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Leaves Slider Card by Eloise Blue (using Woodsy Creatures,Harvest Happiness, Halloween Cuties, Summer Picnic & Backyard Bugs)

To begin my card today I stamped out all the images on some watercolour paper and clear heat embossed the images. I used my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers for todays colouring, since they're quick and easy and I knew I had a lot to colour! Once everything was coloured I used the coordinating dies to die cut all my images out.

Now it was time to work on the background. I used several Distress Inks to make this background along with a curved die - but you could just as easily use your scissors to cut the different layers. I made a blue layer, brown layer and green layer to make my scene feel complete. Once that was done I moved onto my slider portion.  As I've done before I used a die to cut this - but since this one is super easy and is straight, you can just use a ruler and a craft knife. Once the slit was die cut out I used 2 circle dies to cut out some circles and used some foam tape piled up in between the two circles and that created my slider part. I did this twice also.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Leaves Slider Card by Eloise Blue (using Woodsy Creatures,Harvest Happiness, Halloween Cuties, Summer Picnic & Backyard Bugs)

Now it was time to arrange my card and pull it all together. I first started with adhering all my leaves together to make a pile of them. I then used liquid adhesive for all the pieces since I knew my fox was going to be popped up because of the slider and I needed it to be able to go over all the images. Once everything was mainly stuck on I needed to adhere some of the extra leaves I had onto the broom - to give that look of sweeping and then I used a few extra smaller leaves that I had and stuck some of those down flat and some popped up as to show them falling from the tree. For a last finishing touch I stamped the sentiment 'autumn greetings' from the Woodsy Creatures set and white heat embossed it onto a black banner I die cut. I popped that up on the right hand side of my card and that finished it up.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and got inspired. Make sure you check back on the blog this week to see the other amazing cards the team will make!

- Eloise

P.S. Just a reminder that today's the last day to take advantage of the 15% OFF SALE to the Sunny Studio Online Store using the code SUNNYBIRTHDAY and to hop to win one of sixteen $20 gift certificates HERE.  :)

Sunny Studio Products Used:

                 

8 comments:

  1. So fun and love
    all the elements
    on this slider!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for him to be sweeping up the leaves. This is so cute and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, Eloise, this is the cutest little slider! So clever to have him sweeping the leaves, eep!! SO adorable!!! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet slider card. I can't believe we are almost to Fall already. This summer has just flown by. Thanks for the inspiration and the great products in this release.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card Eloise! I love the pretty trees and all the falling leaves!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing. Love how you put all of the different elements together.

    ReplyDelete