Monday, September 5, 2016

Fishtail Banners Colourful Chevron Sweet Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here today to help feature the new Fishtail Banners II die set. I absolutely LOVE the first set, it's so versatile and unique and so today I'm going to combine the first set and the second new set today as well as the Sweet die and Sweet Shoppe stamp set also.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fishtail Banner II Rainbow Chevron Sweet Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card I first started off with die cutting I took a piece of watercolour cardstock and used the Fishtail Banners I set to die cut the arrow shapes. There are little grooves on the dies so it's easy to line them up perfectly centred on your card - which is one reason I LOVE these dies. I also used the lines on my grid mat to get the arrow shapes the right height. Once they were all die cut I used 5 different colours of distress ink to ink blend onto the arrow pieces. Once that was done I did my favourite water splotch look on top and dried it with my heat tool. I then took the Fishtail Banners II set and used the little piercing die that comes in it and lined it up on my arrow die cut pieces to give it some embossed detail.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fishtail Banner II Rainbow Chevron Sweet Card by Eloise Blue.

Once that was done I took a piece of white cardstock and adhered down my arrow pieces onto it, leaving the same amount of space between each one. I then took the Sweet die and cut it out of black fun foam and some black cardstock and adhered them together. I then adhered it to my card also. I wanted an extra sentiment on top so I took the 'for someone' sentiment from the Sweet Shoppe stamp set and used my MISTI tool to stamp it onto the pink arrow piece - I could have used an acrylic block but since it was stamping on an un even surface, I wanted something I can double stamp with. To finish up my card I adhered the piece on some fun foam and them onto a kraft card base.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you got inspired and you'll check out the Fishtail Banners dies - they are truly amazing and unique!

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! Love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Eloise and I love those fishtail banners! Eeeek! ♥ them!

    ReplyDelete