Saturday, October 15, 2016

Holiday Cards with Guest Designer Anita Madden

I'm pleased to welcome the talented Miss Anita Madden to the blog today.  She always inspires me each time she creates with our stamps and today is no different.  Take it away Anita...  ;)

Hello!  I’m so excited to be guest designing for Sunny Studio today.  I adore these new stamp sets by Mendi and I know I’m going to be using them a lot to make Christmas cards this year! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Anita Madden.

This card features the Gleeful Reindeer stamps.  I colored the reindeer, trees, and gifts with copics and diecut them with the coordinating dies.  I used distress ink to watercolor the sky.  I used one of the snowflakes from the stamp set with embossing powder to make the white snowflakes.  I added some snowy hills to the scene and adhered all the images.  I cut a frame from white cardstock and added acetate and sequins to make a fun shaker card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Anita Madden.

Once again I used the Gleeful Reindeer stamps and dies to make this card.  I colored the reindeer and tree with copics and then I applied Glossy Accents to the reindeer’s nose and hooves.  I added some ribbon and twine to a tag that I cut with the Tag Topper Dies – Traditional.  I added a few sequins to the tag to give it a little sparkle.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs You Warm My Heart Coffee Card by Anita Madden.

I used the Mug Hugs stamps and dies for this card.  I decided to make my own background for this card.  I heat embossed the sentiment and hearts using white embossing powder.  I diecut the cup and paper-pieced the kraft band on the cup.  I colored all the hearts with a red colored pencil and wrapped some baker’s twine around the top of the card.  I used foam tape to “pop up” the cup on a circle of vellum. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Cup of Cheer Hot Cocoa Card by Anita Madden.


I used the Mug Hugs stamps and dies to make this Christmas card in nontraditional colors.  I used distress ink to watercolor the soft background, and then added some designer paper and gold glitter paper to the card base.  I colored the images with Copics and used the coordinating dies to die-cut them.  I added a few gold sequins to finish my card.

Thank you Anita for sharing your gorgeous cards with us today.  I love them all!  






Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
        

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mendi & Anita ~ These cards are beautifully created! Your coloring is simply amazing and I love the non-traditional colors you've used in the last card. Such a fun grouping. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful creations! Everyone is so beautifully colored, and the images are downright adorable! Thanks so much for the sweet inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your cards are fantastic! I absolutely adore that first on though...those reindeer are so cute!!! Love the way you colored your trees too! Congrats on your GD!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete