Saturday, November 12, 2016

Guest Designer Spotlight: Christmas Ideas with Marion Vagg

Happy Saturday! It's Marion Vagg here and I am thrilled to be back on the Sunny Studio blog as a guest designer. Today I have two Christmas cards and a gift idea to share with you.

First up I have used the Merry Sentiments stamp set and matching die to create a colourful string of lights. I found that if I worked in reverse order (stamping the shadowing stamps first then finishing with the more solid stamp last) I lined them up better. I covered them in a layer of Glossy Accents to make them really shiny.

The tree branch is from the Holiday Style stamp set and I stamped it several times in two different shades of green. I also blended in some green ink with an ink dauber over the branch to make it look more full. I used the Merry Word die to create my sentiment, once again using a sponge dauber to create an ombre effect.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments & Holiday Style Christmas Card by Marion Vagg.

Next up is another Christmas card using the same sets as before. To add some dimension to the card, I created some ornament hangers with silver thread. To compliment this, I silver heat embossed the sentiment.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments & Holiday Style Christmas Card by Marion Vagg.

Lastly, I have used the Small Holly die (which is a free gift with every purchase from the Sunny Studio store while stocks last) to create a simple embellishment for a gift tin. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Merry Sentiments Stamp set onto some vinyl adhesive stickers. I wasn't sure if it would work, but it worked a treat! If you didn't have any vinyl stickers, black card stock would work just as well. I plan on making several more of these for my colleagues at work.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments Christmas Tin Gift Idea by Marion Vagg.

I hope you have found some inspiration here and are well on your way to making your Christmas cards and gifts. Christmas is definitely just around the corner.

Thanks for visiting today,

Marion

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
       

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Marion! I love how you created a tree with that sweet little branch stamp!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the stamps and dies. :-)

    ReplyDelete