Monday, December 12, 2016

Holiday Style Sending Joy Card with Eloise

Hello everyone! Eloise here and today I'm making another fun card using the Holiday Style stamp set. This one is my personal favourite from the release, I love them all but this one.. it's just gorgeous! So, I decided to use it again today for the look I originally intended to go for. I used some pigment inks along with some more pastel-y, more soft colours for the ornaments and branches too, to create this card here and I love how it turned out, even if stamping a sentiment did take four attempts.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style Pastel Ornament Card by Eloise Blue.

So to begin my card today I stamped out all of my ornaments and branches onto some white cardstock in various colours of pigment inks. I used my MISTI to help stamp them all out, these are pretty easy to line up, but the branches I wanted some variation in colour to them, so re stamping the branches was a lot easier with the MISTI tool.

Once I stamped them all out, I used the matching dies to cut all my pieces out. I then applied liquid adhesive to the branch in the back and stuck that down to a kraft panel. I then used foam adhesive and places that on the back of the rest of the pieces and adhered it down into place too. Once I had my layout sorted out, I was going to draw some lines on for the strings, but I didn't want to ruin my card if I didn't like them, so I pulled out some grey thread and decided to thread on the ornaments to the branches, to give a little more texture and I really love how it turned out! I could have tied a bow at the top of each of them, but since the card was quite busy already I didn't want to go over board.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style Pastel Ornament Card by Eloise Blue.

Before stamping the sentiment, I decided to go ahead and add some white dots to the background, so I used a white gel pen and added some in the background, fading down to the bottom of the card. I then needed to stamp my sentiment. As mentioned before after 4 attempts I finally liked something. For my first attempt, I stamped the sentiment crooked in the bottom left hand corner, so then I tried to cover it up with a strip, but the strip had to be too thick and the large strip just looked too awkward. Then I decided to cut the kraft piece at an angle, to cut off the failed sentiment and then at this point I embossed the sentiment directly on the white card base and adhered the kraft piece on top, but again I didn't like it so I pulled off the panel, ditched the card base and decided to go with a small sentiment from the Gleeful Reindeer set and heat embossed 'Sending Joy' on a white banner with some silver embossing powder and adhered that in the top right hand corner and I liked that a lot better!

To finish up the card, I then added some Wink of Stella onto the ornaments to make them sparkle and shine!

Thanks for stopping by today I hope you got inspired. Make sure you stop by the blog the rest of the week for more inspiration!

- Eloise


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I have seen such nice cards with this set. So glad I got it along with the dies. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that you used pastels for a softer look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the light colors against the kraft and the snow falling! Beautiful!
    Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete