Saturday, December 17, 2016

Loads of Christmas Card Inspiration with Juliana Michaels

Hi everyone! It's Juliana Michaels and I'm so happy to be guesting again here on the Sunny Studio blog. Today, I have four cards to share with you using some of the new stamps and dies from the Winter release. These stamps are perfect for creating both Christmas and Winter themed cards.

For my first card, I created a fun Christmas shaker card using the Gleeful Reindeer set. I stamped two flying reindeer images, colored them with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and then die cut them using the coordinating dies. I then created a shaker card and used the snowflake stamps to create a background for inside the shaker. I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card. The final step was to adhere the adorable reindeer to the front of the shaker card so that they look like they are flying across the snowy sky.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Shaker Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

My second card is another Christmas card. I again stamped the images from the Gleeful Reindeer set, colored them with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and die cut them using the coordinating dies. I created the snowy sky background by applying Distress Ink to the cardstock using a foam blending tool. After applying the ink, I used a paint brush to splatter water onto the paper and then dried it by dabbing it with a paper towel. This is such a quick and easy way to create a snowy looking background. I then adhered all the cute images to the card front to create a sweet little scene. For a bit of dimension, I adhered some of them with double sided foam tape.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

These next two cards use the Mug Hugs stamp and die set. Since I'm a coffee lover, I really enjoyed creating and playing with this set. On the Wishing You A Cup of Cheer card, I used Prismacolor Colored Pencils to color in the mug and cup images. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in Metallic Silver to color in the snowflakes and add a bit of shine. I stamped the sentiment using Versamark Embossing Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Cup of Cheer Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

For my final card, I again used Prismacolor Colored Pencils for my coloring. These are a new to me coloring medium, and I've really enjoyed learning how to color with them. I again used the Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in Metallic Silver to color the snowflakes. I created the background behind the cups by apply Distress Ink to the cardstock using a foam blending tool. For this one I did an all over application of the ink to allow the stamped and die cut images to stand out against it.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.


Thanks again to Mendi for having me as a guest here at Sunny Studio. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

HUGS!
Juliana

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

4 comments:

  1. All your cards are cute but I personally love pattern paper so the plaid card is definitely my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliana, these are ALL adorable...especially the ones with the Mug Hugs set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Juliana!!! Absolutely LOVE that first one!
    Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete